FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. WHERE IS TOTAL REFORMATION LOCATED?
A. We are located at the REAR of 212 Bay St Brighton. Our entrance can be tricky to find at first as our entrance is on Outer Crescent. Look for a tall black Total Reformation flag in front of glass sliding doors. Enter the sliding doors & remove your shoes.
Q. Why should I come to Total Reformation?
A. Total Reformation is unlike anything else in the health & fitness industry. We have the best practitioners working together under one roof who are passionate about what we do & love to help others achieve their goals.
Q. HOW EXPERIENCED OR FIT DO I NEED TO BE TO ATTEND TR?
A. Total Reformation is for everyone. You don’t have to have abs of steel or be a size 0. We welcome you with open arms & are here to work with you to achieve your personal goals, & our staff is reflective of this. We do however, recommend you start with 1:1 personal training to build a foundation before you start any of group & semi private sessions (and yes, even if you have trained before)...we are unlike anything you've experienced.
Q. What kind of gym is Total Reformation?
A. We are not a gym, as we hardly have any equipment - we prefer 'studio'. TR is more of a boutique/appointment only space. We base our training & education on more of an integrative holistic approach - it is based on science, experience & fun.
Q. How long is each session?
A. We have 30min, 45min and 60min Private training sessions available and all group classes are 45 minutes. We also have 60min, 75min, 90min and 120min Remedial Massage sessions available. Sports Kinesiology session are 90min
- It's important that you arrive at least 10 minutes before your appointment and/or class. This will be outlined in your Initiation & Welcome Kit.
Q. WHY DO I HAVE TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 15 MINUTES BEFORE MY SESSION?
A. The style of training we do incorporates 'Fascial Freedom'. We employ this at the begining of each session as it gives you time to talk to your practitioner about any concerns you may have + we need to start all sessions on time.
- We have such an awesome community you will leave TR feeling energised, re-freshed & with a smile on your face.
Q. HOW DO I START WITH TR & HOW DO I MAKE A BOOKING?
A. Head on over to your 'Initiation' page where we've provided a step-by-step guide on how to get started.
- Download your re-writable 'Initiation' form. Fill out with as much detail as possible & email it back to us: email@example.com
- Contact Us to discuss your goals & to book in your first 60min initiation session.
- Once you're all set up & ready to go you can pre-book your appointments & classes through our website or the MindBody app where you can view our practitioners & their schedule up to one month in advance.
Q. WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT?
q. WHAT DO I WEAR & BRING WITH ME?
A. Wear comfortable gym clothes, bring a towel & water (filtered tap-water is also available).
- TR recommends training with no shoes. Your practitioner will explain further of the benefits, however, you will find you can connect with the ground & make corrections easier.
- We provide cubby boxes to keep your belongings safe, however, we are not responsible for your belongings.
- TR has two restrooms - one including a shower with Aquasana shower-head filter & fresh white bath towels.
- We also provide organic body wash & skincare, natural deodorant, feminine hygiene products & complimentary hair-ties (the little things that count).
- Just a little heads-up: when you're working with a Human Bio-mechanics Specialist you will need to wear minimal clothing, so they can see how your core is working & ensure your structure is in place whilst moving - this provides you with a higher quality of service & will give you the best results.
Q. CAN I BRING MY CHILD/CHILDREN TO MY SESSION?
A. We love kids & we think it's really important for them to see their parents train. For yours/theirs/our safety & everybody's peace of mind, we do not allow any child/children to enter the studio space & or play or touch any of the equipment. We are not held responsible for your child/children's safety if they do happen to enter our space.